Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's official...

Spring has SPRUNG....


...and Winter is DONE.
(There must be a song about this, but all I can think of is "Ding dong the witch is dead...")



I have been checking in daily on the trees across the street, waiting for signs of life. And right on time they have announced the arrival of Spring. (Such a contrast to the scene I captured on the first day of Winter last year!) I was so giddy, I led Bean over to inspect the new buds with me. She enjoyed picking the pollen pod thingys and disintegrating them into the wind.  (And you thought Mother Nature was solely responsible for your spring allergies?!)





Something about the faithful clockwork of nature and the rush of growth bursting onto the scene
makes me smile every time I inspect the tiny spring buds.


And the sun and wind in this little bud's hair brings me a smile as well.

Happy Spring!
xoxo

No comments: