Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sweet moments caught with the timer

The sun was slowly sinking behind the hills.
Bean and I were perched in the glowing sun, chit-chatting.
She said, "Mommy, one day I'm going to use a camera like you."
(Smile)
To which I replied...
"I hope you know you have the freedom to pursue whatever path your creativity leads you down."
Then we decided to capture ourselves with the camera's timer.
It was a mommy and me kind of moment and Bean was lavishly handing out smooches.
This was truly my most favorite part of my day.
(Well, that and the part when my hubby made dinner.)


As for the comment about wanting to use a camera like me...
I know I walked 30 years before my creative soul found rest behind the lens.
I hope it does not take her that long to discover whatever that place is for herself, 
but I do know that I will love and encourage her for as long as it takes.
And if one day she wants to pick up the camera like me, I will gladly welcome her by my side.









7 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, these are so so beautiful and lovely. I linked here from your comment on my facebook page. So glad I did. Did I say LOVELY?

Shaboom @ FrenchSkinny.blogspot.com said...

beautiful. i hope you frame those and put them in your home.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Those are what I call "FRAMERS"! Enlarge, Print, FRAME! So, so sweet... I hope one day soon my son becomes a "fan" of the camera like your sweet Bean.

ELK said...

a very SPECIAL moment captured in time ..good mommy!!

jodie said...

love.

JS said...

yes please frame some of these they are too precious!! can't wait for our time today!! erin

liz depuydt said...

hi tracey- i just found you via tara's blog.... really loved reading your words and i am so touched by your views re your children... i love this self-time idea to do with my kids. a beautiful and very special moment captured! thank you for sharing, liz