Saturday, June 26, 2010

award winning birthday lunch


So this photo won't be winning any photo awards for its composition or creativity, but I had to post it because it did win a major award in my heart for "the best bday lunch ever made by a seven year old girl". She planned it out, gave directions to Grammy, assembled it herself, and would not let me peek until I was seated at the table and ready to eat. Her labor of love, it was.  (Do you see why I love her so much? Her little thoughtful heart just kills me.)

Labor of love bday lunch included:

One mound of egg salad
One mound of tuna salad
One puddle of guacamole surrounded by a border of classic Lays potato chips
Two islands of fresh picked berries
One small protruding piece of cantaloupe
Garnished with three wedges of Ghiradelli chocolate mint cream squares

All on a purple plate.

It was the best birthday lunch I have ever had. Not kidding! (But then again, put guacamole and chips in front of me and I will sing your praises 'till the cows come home.)

Thanks for making my day Bean!

No comments: