Friday, August 27, 2010

how the west could have been won...


So I'm thinking that if Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp wanted to really whoop it up at the O.K. Corral they could have employed more lighthearted weapons: the water weenies. (There were surgical tubing and pall points back then right?)

It would have been a more amusing, fun, exciting event. I envision anger and vengeance giving way to laughter and comradery. You know, a little tension relief. The Earp brothers and Doc standing around with the Clantons and McLaurys slapping each other on the back, wiping the water from their brows, tipping their hats to one another, shaking hands sayin', that was a good round boys, let's do it again sometime.

Seriously. Everyone would have spent their built up anger without spilling any blood.

I mean it would have been their golden opportunity to leave their mark upon history in a more positive way. It could have taught us all a little something about handling conflict.

Can you tell I've been listening to too much AM radio this week? I've been also reading too many Facebook commentaries, news blogs, editorials.

I listen to a lot of politic banter, think about our country's issues, but I am not often one to chat about it. So today and today only, I will offer up only this little piece of myself: Extreme people make me...extremely frustrated. There is nothing worse when feelings and opinions get heated and then people wind up saying the stupidest things.

Can't we just all pull out the water weenies and have a little water fight?

I really think it could work.

Come on, just saying the word water weenie makes you smile doesn't it?

You know it does.


*****

On a different note: Beginning next week I will not be posting every day. (Well maybe, if I feel totally energized and with it, but I'm not promising anything.) I am not stepping back from my photography, as a matter of fact I am going to be focusing on it more. If you have followed my blog for any amount of time you have listened to me share about my photog self and how I have thought a ton about why I pick up my camera. I have no desire to run a business, sell myself,  just because I can take some ok pictures. I really don't care about making money. It has not resonated with me to simply build a house because I have good building skills. With that said...I have thought and prayed about how to use what has been given to me. I love my camera, I love to write and I want to update my space in which I share that with you all. I also have been given a fun photo opportunity (more on that later) which will be taking some immediate time. I have four photo shoots that I am committed to in the next few weeks and then I will also be taking a break from that sort of work for a short time as well. Basically, I'm taking a break so I can work on moving forward. So stay tuned. There is some new stuff to come and I can't wait to share it with you all.

5 comments:

Skeller said...

why yes. saying "water weanie" does, in fact, make me smile!

best wishes as you tackle new projects and "move forward" ...

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

So much joy here!

Good luck with your new stuff. Sounds exciting!

stacey said...

Can't wait! :-)

Katherine Schultz said...

Beautifull shots!

Good luck with everying.

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

K xx

Anonymous said...

CURIOUS.

Man. Now I'm going to be stalking your blog like crazy. ;)