Wednesday, August 25, 2010

scooter girl


(Yes, Daddy "made" it. Someone was tossing it into the garbage and he took it, disassembled it, cleaned it, and took Bean to Home Depot to pick out her spray paint colors.)


Let us stop and pause. Look at my beautiful scooter girl...


After going back and forth, going back and forth, I finally decided to include a photo of me not because I love this photo (hello, no make up, crap-o-la hair, yes I was wearing something) but because I felt it would be cowardly to leave out a part of our little time together. Bean so wanted to take a picture of me so I gave it to her and she snapped away. Now you have the whole picture: just the two of us, soaking up the beautiful summer evening together. Treasured memory. :)


And there she goes scootering off into the sunset...

8 comments:

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

OOOOHHHH!!!! SHE IS SO SWEET. Only a little girl would love a tossed out old scooter fix up by her daddy. I do the same. There are so few pictures of me because I never feel like I look perfect. I hate being in front of the camera. BTW, your hair does look so chic!

Unknown said...

Love the pics of Michaela and the fact that Mo made that scooter, but I really LOVE the pic of you! You have to know you are beautiful, my friend!

Kelsey said...

Awesome. The kids' grandpa gave them a scooter that was found in a junk pile as well. They have been taking turns with it so nicely so Amazon will be knock-knocking on our door some time tomorrow with two more. I am sentimental about them too.

stacey said...

You ARE beautiful. Love to see your face and love this sweet post.

Tami said...

Oh to look as good as you do without make-up.

Cramer said...

This is cool. I'm glad you included the picture she took of you. The pair of you two spending time together & enjoying each other is gold.

Ginger Snaps! said...

I love the light in these images! So nice to see you here, too. We camera people rarely get in front of the lens...

Anonymous said...

Love the scooter, love that daddy made it and love that you got in the shot!

p.s. Hi Ginger Snaps! ;)