Monday, September 27, 2010

iheartfaces: yeah for chalk!


I had to smile when my email inbox announced yesterday that this week's theme on iheartfaces was "chalk". Last week during Bean's family birthday gathering the cousins completely covered my parent's driveway with their chalk art. Do you not agree that sidewalk chalk is one of the cheapest, yet most satisfying forms of childhood entertainment?  Here is Little Cupcake showing me her "rabbit". Can you see it? (It's that white blob by her feet.)

I have many more pictures from their chalk time to show you later but for now, head on over to iheartfaces and see what other chalk fun everyone is having.

Oh, and have a fantabulous Monday.
xoxo

p.s. Can't wait to tell you about our little family experience we had on the side of the freeway yesterday. Come back this week and enjoy mocking a family other than your own. (And my dad will make is first appearance on my blog.)



26 comments:

Leesha said...

What a great BW shot!!

lsquare said...

I really like the perspective you chose and the way the chalk swirls around her happy face!....

Anonymous said...

Great processing!! :)

jen@odbt said...

We're big fans of sidewalk chalk too. I love your perspective and it in b/w. Great shot!

Tara said...

Great shot! I love all the chalk and the perspective!

Tracey said...

Definitely one of my favorites!! Awesome entry!!!

Momma Katie said...

Love, Love, LOVE the b&w!! Gorgeous!

Alex and Emily said...

I love the B&W too! You have a beautiful blog!

Teresa said...

Love the angle and that face!! Adorable!

Captured Expressions said...

I love the angle of the shot! Super Cute!

Tracy said...

This is really cute, great shot!

missy said...

LOVE!!

sls said...

Love this! I love your bw conversion, too!

Unknown said...

Just. Plain. Super.!

I haven't even entered yet this week, but couldn't resist commenting. Great job!

lisa d. said...

my favorite so far!

Presley family said...

LOVE it!!!! What a great shot!!

Mreffey said...

This is such a striking image. Love that it is shot from over her head. Great picture!

stacey said...

This is fantastic, Tracey!!! I love love love the b&w, love your perspective, love her expression, love. I will be seeing you on Saturday with the winners for sure.

Praying for you this week, friend!

sls said...

I had to come back & tell you thank you for your comment! It hit the nail on the head! We just love our church so much & thank God for leading us to it from half way across the country (we're from CA). I love how the focus is on others & sharing God's love with no strings attached!
God bless your family, too, as being in the ministry isn't always the easiest of callings, but it really is the greatest!
Stacey

Anna said...

what fun! i love her expression! great angle too!

felicity & nathaniel said...

I love it! Pictures like this make me miss being a kid.

Miranda said...

perfect!

carlotta cisternas said...

Oh my gosh. This is STUNNING. I can honestly say it's my favorite of all the IHF chalk photos I've seen so far. Great composition, love the angle, the b&w is perfect...it's amazing.

April said...

I usually love chalk shots in color, but I love this black and white take on it! Well done!

Jenny said...

Well done Trace! Love it.

DreamaReneePhotography said...

Great prospective and love the B&W!