Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh Fall where art thou?

The heat wave here in California has been insufferable. Three digit heat. "Spare the Air" days. It's like July finally arrived, two months too late and we are all melting. Though I love California I must say that I grieve not having four complete seasons. It is either sunny/hot or rainy/cold and barely anything in between. And I'm a Fall girl through and through.  It pains me to see my boots and clogs in the back of my closet gathering dust. And it pains me to see the leaves go from green to crunchy brown overnight. (Any of you in the mid west, east coast area, fill free to mail me some of your colorful leaves so I can remember what Fall is like.) Ok, enough whining. So last Sunday evening the kids had an opportunity to swim at their cousin's community pool.
There were enough goggles to go around...


Yep, the pain about goggles, like California summers, is that they linger way past their welcome.



4 comments:

stacey said...

Fall is here!!! In Minnesota! I think you should come visit. It's gorgeous here right now. (Of-course, when January rolls around I'll be aching for your CA weather...)

Love the feet pics. It's so strange to see your pool pics right now.

Have a wonderful relaxing time on your trip. So happy for you that you get to get away. Loves.

Jen said...

We're getting our first dose of fall here in Houston and I'm loving it!! I'm a midwest girl, and I definitely miss the seasons too. My kids are Texans, though, and insist on wearing jackets as soon as the temps drop into the 70s! Beautiful swimming photos - especially the toes and faces peeking out of the pool.

Mia Moreing Russell said...

I desire cool and crisp weather too. However, these photos are AMAZING. I enjoy reading and looking at your pictures. You are gifted my dear!

Anonymous said...

It's 80 degrees here for our high. But our mornings and evenings are CRISP! The leaves are turning and falling. Come visit! ;)