Saturday, September 4, 2010

under the oak


A little mid holiday weekend post because I actually had a little time to myself today. I sprawled on the couch in the middle of the day and watched a movie, by myself. I shopped a little for my son's approaching birthday, by myself. And I had coffee with a friend, obviously not by myself, but you get the gist of the relaxing type of day I had.

(Hear the long exhale of breath escaping my lungs.)

I was under this oak a couple of days ago working on a project for a friend (more on that later) and in the middle of working I looked up, lifted my camera, and aimed it at this oak branch bending low as if to kiss me. The sun glinting through the leaves was just so beautiful. It was really that magical time of the day and where I was standing was the most beautiful place in my world at the moment. 

I am going to get back there on my own, or with a willing photo subject, to capture the essence of this slice of earth. It was something out of a dream really. I was beside myself. But then again, I do have an obsessive love for trees, and light, and beautiful places.

I promise you will see more of this place through the eye of my lens.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Nice to hear you had some time to yourself. It's so much better when you appreciate it.

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

I'm really so glad i stumbled upon your blog. I love your how you see life. I'm glad you enjoyed your solitude. Cheers.