Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pink Tuesday

Since yesterday was a little blue/tuna'ish I just thought I would post some happy pink photos I am working on for my friend who is the mama to Faith. Remember her? The photos were a gift to her so I am editing my way through them, smiling as I go. A few days ago I had the chance to hold Faith and in the middle of talking to her mama I looked down to discover that Faith had discovered her thumb and was sucking it like it was the most amazing thing in the whole wide world. Which it probably was in her world cause babies are pretty much simple that way. Anyway, made me happy.



When I came to take Faith's pictures her mom and I had brought some pink swaths of fabric with visions of bows and sweet cherubs dancing in her eyes. Faith wanted nothing to do with any of it. Part of the problem was that she did not like being put down, but I had this suspicion that this is what she was truly trying to express....


Do not ever underestimate the power of a baby to passionately express what she is feeling. This is totally the baby thing to do. What a privilege to try and decipher it all huh? :)

And here are more that made me smile. They are not pink but still....







6 comments:

*Bri* said...

what a cutie. pink and all. :) But I love pink!

Stacie said...

are you back miss trac? back to the photog world? just for fun and for what God does in you as you see life behind a lens? or also for the business of it? i just love your photos and your perspective, and because i am not sure yet that you are "back" your blog posts are a sweet surprise for my day!
stace

Skeller said...

ohmygoodness, these are so very darling - what a precious gift to give!!! "Pink Stinks" positively cracks me up, and the last image makes my heart smile...

*jj said...

LOVE it! Thank you for having a blog.

Krista Lund said...

what a beautiful gift! i love the kissing image...you can see the mama's love.

stacey said...

So so so precious. Love these Trace.

My daughter sucked her thumb (actually she still does) and it was one of my favorite things to watch.