Monday, March 21, 2011

paradox


Sometimes I find myself wrestling with life's paradoxes. No matter how hard I try, my mind cannot hold two completely opposite, yet true realities. 

Like how I can feel so painfully small, a drop of life against the expanse of the universe, yet I hold infinite value in the hands of purposeful God.

....Or how I am but a vapor, here and gone in a blink, yet my touch and influence ripples throughout generations whether I want it to or not.

...And how I can feel so alone as I trek across my life's landscape. How I am settling with the weight that the journey is mine alone and it is up to me to make decisions, listen, and get about the work of living.

Yet others are right ahead of me, and right behind me, making this trek too.



But even greater is the other truth that I am not alone. 


The God of the universe, who created me and time, walks with me...this significant, and valued drop of life. 

Can you tell these thoughts are all very weighty on my heart this Monday morning? 

2 comments:

Juliette said...

hm, I was in a furious cleaning mode this morning and wondering about all sorts of heavy stuff myself. I think something's in the air...

stacey said...

All so true.

Beautiful photos.