Thursday, March 24, 2011

stacked


After the storm I wandered the beach and decided to capture what the ocean had coughed up during the wind and rain. Everything was photographed just as I found it except for (ahem) one picture. It's kind of a "which one is not like the other" game. Can you guess "which of these things is not like the other"? (Remember that Sesame Street song?)

You are so smart blogger friend. I am assuming you guessed correctly, otherwise you may need to review a few Sesame Streets to get your game back on.


This week, my mindful photo assignment from Picture Inspiration was to capture something "stacked". 
We were give the encouragement to arrange our own stacked items if we so wished. So as I was combing the shoreline I kept noticing these little caps and scooping them up into my pocket. I believe they are some seed pod caps (not acorn, there are no oaks nearby) that blew down from the trees on the bluffs that overlook the shore. The wind carried them to rest on the sand and I marveled at their various colors and shapes. 

They reminded me of that children's story I used to read to the kids, Caps for Sale.

I delicately stacked them one on top of each other, all the while singing in my head...

"Caps! Caps for sale! Fifty cents a cap!"

Do you know the story? I read it a million times to both of my kids. If you have read it, now you too can have that little line ringing in your head all day.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Great stacked pictures. I like the neutral colors in the stacked caps with the pop of green. And the blue sky in the beach picture is so, well, just so lovely! (Maybe I'm just envious of your blue sky.)
I need to check out your Picture Inspiration photos in the gallery. :-)

cindy said...

Loved loved loved caps for sale!!!! And your pictures, and your blog!! It is immeadately going on my favorites!!