Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's all natural


Over the course of blogging for two and a half years I have found myself pleasantly surprised at the amount of friends I have made via the blogging world. I had no idea that this would happen when I first started, and yet some of these friends have become quite dear to me even though we have never met. I know it seems kind of weird if you have never experienced this, to make friends over the internet without ever having met them, but it all happened so naturally and has been a sweet gift for me during this past year. They are always encouraging, always humoring me, and often offering prayers of support.
It feels nice to not be alone on this journey.  

Two of those friends, Michelle and Stacey, have joined me today in a fun little blogging experience that many bloggers find themselves doing when they have made blogging friends. We have teamed up for a little photo assignment in which we post our chosen photos for the theme and then link to each other's blogs.

We chatted via email and threw out various ideas and then we made Stacey be the decision maker. (She thanked us for this role.)

Today's theme was: "natural"
As in, we had to take a picture of something that was not man-made. Super simple, the ideas were limitless.
So when we were at the beach over the weekend Bean and I came upon these little tracks leading into the tide. They made us smile, naturally. :)



Ok, so here is where I am encouraging you to head on over to Michelle's blog and take a look at her interpretation of "natural" on her May 3rd post.
Then head over to Stacey's blog and see her "natural" take on the same day.
I know that both of them will offer up a unique take on our theme.
When you do visit, share some comment love with them and let them know that you came from my blog.

I am super excited that you get to "meet" them. They are fabulous photogs and I am honored to call them friends. (Oh, and when you visit Michelle's blog, I want it to be known that I love her dog Lanie. She is one of the reasons I now find myself wanting a dog.)

And lastly...
I caught Bean making her own steps along side the lonely trail of bird tracks. A visual reminder to me that friends who just "happen to find you" in your journey and travel along side you are friendships that are made of nothing artificial. They are natural, God inspired, God-made, organic...and highly cherished.

11 comments:

Angela Chandler said...

Love this!! The tracks are awesome...the light is beautiful!

Andrea said...

Love!
What a great idea you gals came up with! I love that blogging can become (for some) the modern-day version of pen pals (hope that doesn't sound cheesy...) I hope to meet some kindred spirits along my journey, just as you have. Good friends are such a blessing; a gift from God.
A

Sarah said...

gorgeous photos! found your blog from Stacey's.

Skeller said...

ok. those bird prints are amusing me. did it hop? or does it just walk with one "foot" directly in front of the other?!? and Bean's prints right next to bird's print is totally adorable!!

looking forward to seeing more T-S-M linked posts :-)

Marvett Smith said...

I love these images. Great idea linking up. I'll be back to visit again!

stacey said...

Finally getting around to commenting...

I adore these photos, Tracey. Honestly can't stop looking at them. Love your take on the theme. Loved your words. Loved how each of our posts kindof intertwined with eachother. So fun.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! I've never seen bird prints like this before! So beautiful. Makes me LOOOONNNNNGGGG for the beach. I love doing this with you both! :D

Naomi said...

these shots are beautiful. actually, so is the rest of your blog! found you via stacey. im sure ill be back to admire again :)

Tami said...

SO cool, Tracey. Love your "natural" photos!! What kind of bird was it, I wonder? A pelican maybe?

elizabeth said...

found your blog through s,d and e
and I love it
what a great capture with the prints in the sand
going to check out the rest of your photos
and looking forward to future posts.

Heather M. said...

This is so awesome that you guys are doing this! I love each of your takes on this theme. Those footprints are beautiful - makes me long to be at the beach right now.