Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Somethings never change

Like my son, for instance.

A year ago on Superbowl Sunday he spent his time riding a quad on our friend's property, even though his beloved team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and his idol, Ben Roethlisberger, were playing.
This past Sunday was no different. Well, except that the Steelers were soooo not in the Super Bowl. But still, his priorities were evident. Living out his love for driving anything before his sixteenth birthday certainly trumped watching football. Can you blame a ten year old boy who lives for action? Why watch it on a big flat screen tv when you can be experiencing it yourself?

Some things never change.

And yet, thank God, some things do.

I look at the post I made a year ago: Zach, riding his quad, totally dissing Ben's moment of glory.
I had just started this blog and my skills were just budding. Oh my, what a year of daily wielding my camera has done. If I must say so myself. I am glad that some things change. Click here to see for yourself. (And please don't laugh!)

Instead laugh with me as I recall a season in Bean's life when she would pronounce Ben's name as Ben Roethlisbuger. Laugh with me as you imagine hearing Zach's complete exasperated rants at her inability to give Ben's name the proper dignity. Imagine seeing the look of secret pleasure on her face in grasping the humor of it all. If you have more than one child living under your roof you will also realize that even though years pass and siblings mature, their little squabbles still happen. That poke poke poke and tattle tattle tattle that often flies between them never gets old. Well, except to the parents who have to live with it. (Roll eyes)

Yes, some things never change.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What an amazing change in your photos. Gives me great hope. (and the dream of a new lens) :) as always, love reading your blog!

Umā said...

My goodness! That IS an amazing difference! As I've probably mentioned before, I really love the clean light in your photos.